Dr M: There's pressure for me to stay but I'll hand over to Anwar


Bersatu chairperson Dr Mahathir Mohamad says he is adamant on handing over power to PKR de facto leader Anwar Ibrahim after two years despite pressure from his party grassroots to remain.
“My promise is that I will step down. I keep my promises. Do you remember any occasion I didn’t keep my promise? I was the only dictator who resigned,” he told a press conference in Putrajaya today.
The premier was asked to respond to Setiawangsa Bersatu division’s decision to unanimously pass a proposal urging him to serve the entirety of his five-year term.
The motion was mooted by Mahathir’s political secretary Zahid Mohd Arip.
When asked whether there was a new agreement in today’s Pakatan Harapan presidential council meeting for him to remain in office for only two years, Mahathir said there was not.
“No. I’ll be here for only two years. Two years or […] I don’t know. Maybe he (Anwar) will allow me two-and-half-years,” he said jokingly turning to Anwar beside him as he spoke, causing the hall burst into laughter.
[More to follow] - Mkini


Source | https://malaysiansmustknowthetruth.blogspot.com/2018/11/dr-m-theres-pressure-for-me-to-stay-but.html

Most View Article This Month !